WOODBRIDGE, VA — Delegate Hala Ayala’s campaign for Virginia Lieutenant Governor today announced the endorsement of the Virginia Chapter of the National Organization For Women.
Delegate Ayala has been an active member of NOW for over a decade and was previously the Founder and President of the Prince William Chapter. Delegate Hala Ayala was the Chief Co-patron on the bill to make Virginia the 38th state to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment and spearheaded the effort with women’s activists and NOW across the state.
“I am so honored to receive the endorsement of the Virginia Chapter of the National Organization for Women," said Delegate Hala Ayala. "As the Founder and former President of the Prince William Chapter, NOW has been a central to my career as a women’s rights advocate. They welcomed me into their movement and have been there for me throughout my political career. With their help, I will continue to advocate for women and girls across the Commonwealth and beyond.”
“Our Political Action Committee has voted unanimously to endorse Hala's candidacy for Lt. Governor,’’ said VA NOW President Connie Cordovilla. “It is with great pride and excitement that VA NOW pledges our support for Hala.
“She has been a Virginia chapter and state NOW leader - but much more, she has been a beacon for equality in the state House of Delegates. Her commitment to Virginia's girls and women is paramount to her work and equality for all is in her heart. She is the embodiment of "nevertheless, she persisted." Hala knows the struggles that women face in the workplace and at home, especially this year when the workplace is at home in many cases.
“She steadfastly supports programs to combat domestic partner violence, presses for Stem Education for girls and women and works for the health and wellbeing of all Virginians. She was a bulwark for the ERA Passage, fought to get Paid Family Leave enacted in VA, worked to get teachers’ pay raises and championed affordable college tuition.
Hala is special to NOW. She shows up and stands up for the decency and respect that girls and women deserve. Her record for "real" family values and equality for ALL will help us motivate voters to support her in the June primary and the November election. VA NOW finds it truly an honor to support Hala for Lt. Governor of Virginia.”
Ayala’s other endorsements include:
- Former Congressman Jim Moran
- Senator Lionell Spruill
- Delegate Luke Torian
- Delegate Delores McQuinn
- Delegate Danica Roem
- Delegate Josh Cole
- Delegate Clint Jenkins
- Feminist Majority PAC
- 314 PAC
- Higher Heights for America PAC
- Mayor Derrick Wood, Dumfries
- Mayor Michelle Davis-Younger, Manassas
- Vice Mayor Monae Nickerson, Dumfries
- Councilwoman Stephanie Lynch, Richmond
- Councilman Mike Jones, Richmond
- Councilwoman Amy Jackson, Alexandria
- Councilman Mark Wolfe, Manassas City
- Supervisor Andrea Bailey, Prince William County
- Supervisor Victor Angry, Prince William County
- Councilwoman Cyndy Neville, Dumfries
- Councilwoman Selonia Miles, Dumfries
- Councilman Brian Fields, Dumfries
- Vice Chair Barbara Kanninen, Arlington
- School Board Member Loree Williams, Prince William County
- School Board Member Lillie Jessie, Prince William County
- Commonwealth Attorney Bryan Porter, Alexandria
- Clerk of Court Greg Parks, Alexandria
- Sheriff Alisa Gregory, Henrico
- Treasurer Patricia Ritchie Folks, Manassas
- Councilman Haseeb Javed, Manassa City Park
- Stacey Sher, Executive Producers of FX’s Ms. America and women’s right’s activist
- Kim Howard, Former candidate for Senate District 7
- Steven Burkarth, Former candidate for Henrico County Board of Supervisors
- Marques Jones, Former candidate for Henrico County Board of Supervisors
- Richard Jessie, Prince William County Community Leader
- Cozy Bailey, Prince William County NAACP Chapter President
- Amanda Linton, Women for Biden State Leader and At-Large Biden Delegate
- Cragg Hines, Biden-Harris Elector
- Jalmeen Soni, AAPI Community Leader and Biden State Delegate
- Dewita Soeharjono, AAPI Community Leader and Biden State Delegate
- Charley Conrad, Community Activist and Biden State Delegate
- Carter Turner, 9th Congressional District Biden National Delegate
- Gary Schatz, 7th Congressional District Biden National Delegate
- Jeffery Person, At Large Biden National Delegate.
- Paul Ruiz, At Large Biden National Delegate.
- Carole Lieber, 8th Congressional District Biden National Delegate.
- Terron Sims, Vice Chair for DNC Veterans and Military Families Council
- Mike Velasquez, Regional Coordinator of DNC Veterans and Military Families Council
- Lisa Sales, Women's Rights Advocate and At-Large Biden National Delegate
- Monica Hutchinson, Henrico County Community Leader and At Large Biden Delegate
- Ernestine Jenkins, Prince William County Community Leader
- Al Brooks, Prince William County Community Leader
- Frank Callahan, Henrico County Community Leader
- Sara Townsend, Prince William County Leader
Jennifer Jessie, Prince William County Leader